Following is a fix for Eclipse error: Unable to execute dex: GC overhead limit exceeded GC overhead limit exceeded.
– Go to Eclipse installation folder
– Open eclipse.ini in your favourite notepad (Notepad++)
– Find the line: -Xms40m and -Xmx384m (typically near to bottom of the ini file).
– Change those values to something your computer can handle.
– Computer with 16 GB of RAM, can easily handle following setting: -Xms1024m and -Xmxm4096
– If you have less memory, use Xms512m and Xmx1024m.
– That’s all, save the file.
– Restart Eclipse (errors should go away).