It’s always hard to come up with good questions for employee spotlight interview. Following is the list I’ve compiled over time.
– Before working at [company name], what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
– How did you first learn about [company name]?
– How do you balance your career at [company name] and family?
– How has [company name] helped you in your career development?
– If you could pick one theme for [company name] to turn into a book about the company, what would it be?
– If you could switch your job with anyone else within [company name], whose job would you want?
– What advice do you have for prospective [company name] candidates?
– What are 3 words to describe [company name]?
– What do you find the most challenging at [company name]?
– What do you like most about [company name]?
– What drew you to [company name] originally? And how has [company name] changed since?
– What has been your favorite project at [company name]?
– What have you gained from working at [company name]?
– What is on your wish list for the next 10 years with [company name]?
– What is the favorite part about working for [company name]?
– What is your proudest moment at [company name]?
– What is your role at [company name]?
– Any favorite line from a movie?
– Any random facts you could share with us?
– Are you messy or organized?
– Best vacation you’ve been to?
– Choose your Mr. Men/Little Miss, to describe your work personality? – Your home life personality?
– Describe what you were like at age 10.
– Do you have a favorite newspaper, blog?
– Do you have a favorite quote?
– Do you have an office nickname? What is it?
– Do you recall any embarrassing moment at work?
– Favorite travel spot?
– How do you define success?
– If given a chance, who would you like to be for a day?
– If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would you like to see cast as you?
– If you could be anyone from any time period who would it be and why?
– If you could change one thing about working here, what would it be?
– If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
– If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be?
– If you could meet anyone in the world dead or alive who would it be and why?
– If you could only drink one beer for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– If you could witness any historical event, what would you want to see?
– If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
– If you were an animal what would you be?
– If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
– If you were stuck on an island what three things would you bring?
– If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it?
– If you were to write a self-help book, what would the topic be?
– If your house was burning down, What is the one non-living thing you would save?
– Least favorite Food?
– Motto or personal mantra?
– People would be surprised if they knew:
– Tell us a little about yourself.
– Tell us a little bit about your family.
– Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
– Tell us something about your family that might surprise us.
– Tell us three things most people don’t know about you…
– Three words to best describe you:
– Top three life highlights?
– What advice would you give to recent new hires?
– What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
– What are your hopes for our industry?
– What are your three most overused words/phrases?
– What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?
– What book did you read last?
– What books are at your bedside?
– What celebrity do people think you look like?
– What children’s character can you relate with most? And why?
– What did you want to be when growing up?
– What do you always want to try and never did?
– What do you like most about your job?
– What do you like to do in your spare time?
– What do you like to do on your days off?
– What does a typical day look like for you?
– What does true leadership mean to you?
– What else do you do for fun?
– What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
– What is an ability you wish you had?
– What is on your bucket list?
– What is the best book you have ever read?
– What is the first concert you attended?
– What is the first thing you would buy if you won the lottery?
– What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
– What is the last joke you recall?
– What is the most important thing you have learned in the last five years?
– What is the one thing you cannot resist?
– What is the one thing, you can’t live without?
– What is the weirdest job you’ve ever had?
– What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
– What is the worst thing you did as a kid?
– What is your biggest pet peeve?
– What is your family like?
– What is your favorite childhood memory?
– What is your favorite meal?
– What is your favorite movie and book?
– What is your favorite number and why?
– What is your favorite sport?
– What is your favorite thing to do in the wonderful city of [city name]?
– What is your favorite thing to do?
– What is your greatest fear?
– What is your hidden talent?
– What is your personal philosophy?
– What kinds of hobbies and interests do you have outside of work?
– What music is on your iPhone/Android phone?
– What one food do you wish had zero calories?
– What phobias do you have?
– What places have you lived in?
– What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love?
– What was your favorite book, toy, or outfit as a child?
– What would be the title of your autobiography?
– What would people never guess you do in your role?
– What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
– What would you like to be famous for?
– What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
– When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
– Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
– Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
– Where is your favorite place to eat?
– Where is your hometown?
– Where would you like to go on a dream vacation?
– Where would you like to travel to?
– Which cartoon character would you most like to switch lives with?
– Which one would you want most – flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
– Would you rather be a tiny elephant or a giant hamster?
– You’d like to be famous for?
– You’re happiest when?
I hope this helps :)
If you have any suggestions for additional questions, please submit them as a comment below. I’ll much appreciate that.