Following are the steps to install Apache Tomcat and add it into Eclipse Kepler or Luna:
- In Eclipse Kepler, go to Help, select ‘Install New Software’
- Choose “Kepler- http://download.eclipse.org/releases/kepler” site or add it in if it’s missing. If you’re using Luna, choose “Luna – http://download.eclipse.org/releases/luna” site or add it in if it’s missing
- Expand “Web, XML, and Java EE Development” section
- Check JST Server Adapters and JST Server Adapters Extensions
- Once installed, in Eclipse, go to Window / Preferences / Server / Runtime Environments
- Press Add button, select Apache / Apache Tomcat v7.0 or Apache Tomcat v8.∞
- Press Next, select location on the drive (i.e. c:\apachetomcat) for Tomcat installation directory. Make sure that the directory exist.
- Then press ‘Download and Install’ button, accept terms and point to your installation directory (i.e. c:\apachetomcat) and press OK button
- Apache TomCat v7.0 will install (you’ll see a progress in the status bar
- Press Finish.
- Apache Tomcat v7.0 or Tomcat v8.0 (depending on your selection) will show in the list under Server Runtime Environments now.