Just a short guide on how to fix “Cast to a nearby device” annoying popup on Android devices.
The “Cast to a nearby device” notifications popups can become very annoying because they typically keep popping up until the Android device is rebooted.
The fix is however pretty simple.
- Go to Settings > Applications
- Go To Application Manager
- Tap the app you want to stop. You may need to do this for all applications that cast. In my case, it was Netflix and YouTube. Below instructions are for Netflix:
- Tap Notifications
- Then uncheck the box for Show notifications
It should look like this:
- Repeat for all apps that you’re suspecting to use casting (Netflix, YouTube, some video players do) and then reboot your Android device
I hope this helps. Enjoy.